9/30/16

HORDES OF THE APOCALYPSE - INVASION OF THE FLESH HUNTERS! (2016)

Artist: Hordes of the Apocalypse
Album: Invasion of the Flesh Hunters


Year: 2016
Genrer: Death Metal, Crust Punk, Hardcore, Thrash Metal
Run time: 29 minutes
My rating: 2.5 out of 5
REVIEW WRITTEN BY: FREDDS MORDVM. BAND PHOTOS

There's an angry atmosphere in here, I can feel it! But first of all I want to say that this is really the wrong genre for me to feel anything at all about, I'm so poorly versed in all things about what punk, crust and idiot-hardcore stands for. I'm vaguely familiar with Hordes of the Apocalypse and I certainly do think the whole thing is incredibly charming with their constant praise of b-horror classics and more obscure gems - The guys definitely know their movie history!

Regarding the music, it's as usual with me when it comes to CRUST, whether it is tainted with liquids from the metal genres all sides, I get tired pretty fast. Since I'm a drummer myself, that's what I listen to first and I definitely like what I heard. I started to drum my knees in a frenzy, which is a plus point!

Many of the guitar riffs are mixed with a damn cocky chug that make you think you were at a Toughguy-HC-gig and kicking in some jaws! I don't care much for the vocals. At times it sounds as though they just want to taunt the listener and I feel somewhat attacked like I'm a heroin addict with anger who decided to have my last tenner! What the fuck!?

And you also have to ask what the hell the band was doing when they came from nowhere with in my opinion, very misplaced synth effects. They make the listener believe that the neighbor is watching Moon Base Alpha on full blast. No, I don't want to be involved in shit like that.

I have no complaints on the production in its whole entirety, as it's more or less crystal clear. Whether it is true or not, I can not fucking answer! Of course it properly shines sometimes, such as "A New Sort of Evolution" that at times is really good and you hear a lot of influences you actually like, but it's difficult to get rid of the junky who at any price would rob you! You become frightened.

Oh well, if you feel that you like crappy bands like Bombs of Hades, the countless number of bands beginning with Dis, and you think it's cool to be a fucking vegan sXe-jerk, then this is definitely something for you, it makes you the lowlife that you actually are! It has attitude and they are talented musicians but there's nothing that really appeals to me.



MORE DETAILS:

Band members:
Thomas Nyholm - Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals
Greigh Johanson - Vocals, Samples, Lyrics


Label: Independent
Country: Sweden

Bandcamp: https://hordesoftheapocalypse.bandcamp.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HordesoftheApocalypse/


Share: