9/18/13

MANOUSH VAZQUEZ

Manoush Vazquez is a german born actress, writer and singer that often shows up in known controversial extreme horror movies. After a prolonged service with her, we finally got the opportunity to make an interview. This is the results:

Greigh Johanson:
Hello Manoush, it's a great honor to finally have you here. In a previous issue we made an article about Marc Rohnstocks movie "Necronos" and as a continuation of that direction, it's extra fun to interview an actress from that film.



Manoush:
Hi dear and first of all, let me say thank you for having me here and "Hi and love to everyone in Sweden" !!!

GJ:
You played the evil witch in Necronos: Tower of Doom. How was it to work with Marc and his team? Is there something special to treasure from the film version? Did it happened something extraordinary that you can tell us about?

M:
Working with Marc was fabulous. Everyone in the cast and crew was wonderful and we were treated lovely. Spoiled really. Marc's mama Charlotte is the greatest cook and we had homecooked meals every day. The shoot itself was very challenging for me because one day after I had arrived at the location, I woke up very sick and with a high fever. It got so bad that Mama Rohnstock took me to see a doctor and what I had was the worst flu that I had caught in years; 38 - 39 Celsius fever. But once I commit to a movie I finish it, so I finished Necronos too. As I said it was very challenging because sometimes I was so weak and ill I could hardly stand on my feet, but what the hell, I finished my scenes. God I loved working with this crew and with the Rohnstocks - I will work with them again but THAT is still a secret, hahaha.


GJ:
You have been featured in independent films for almost fifteen years by now. In year of 2000 you where in the movie "Einer geht noch" and a year later you played the role as a nymphomaniac in Jean-Pierre Jeunet's critically acclaimed film "Amelie." Why did you take the role in that film?

M:
My agent called me way back then and asked me if I wanted to do that part in "Amelie" and when I saw that Jean Pierre Jeunet directed it, I said yes immediately. I just loved his movie "Delicatesses" and "Alien Resurrection" so when I had a chance to work with him I happily agreed. And it was a good decsion because my little part in "AMELIE" opened a lot of doors for me in the movie industry.

GJ:
Did you know from the very beginning that it was film that was the true spirit for you? or did you made a wild gamble and grew into the film world?

M:
Me getting into films was more of a coincidence. I was a singer way back then and after a show in 1997 some guy came to me and asked me to be in his movie. That is how it all started, with an amateur indie movie in 1997 ...or was it in 1998?? Haha, I forgot.. but then the offers just kept coming ...

GJ:
You went from such an innocent film as "Amelie" to extreme films. You've collaborated with among others; Timo Rose, Andreas Schnaas and Andrey Iskanov, some of the most extreme horror film makers in the world. Why did you took such a big step in the world of film? What is it that makes you fond of violent films?

M:
It just came naturally. My movie career just developed into that direction - that was all. I guess I'm the prototype of evil or problematic characters in movies, so me being in that kind of flicks seems to have been a logical consequence.

GJ:
Andrey Iskanov is still one of my favorite directors, how did you get in contact with him and how was it like working with him? I mean, his English isn't the very best so how did it work with communications?

M:
I don't even remember how the friendship between Andrey and me started. We just became friends and then we wanted to work together. Andrey is a great friend, a great artist and a great human being. I loved working with him and I definitely want to work with him on a third project. Andrey is just a grand gentle soul and a passionate film maker. He really loves his movies like a father loves his children. Oh and our English communcation was always great because his English is much better than many think it is.

GJ:
Philosophy of a Knife is a very strong film that you participated in. How long did it take for you as an actress to complete your position in the movie? Were there any awkward consequences?

M:
I just read my lines and went into character - that was it - the emotional side of my role just came out of me when I did my part. I loved doing that movie and I still love it. I loved the peoples reactions to it too because some were really shocked and some were WOW:ed. Everyone had a strong reaction to the movie.


GJ:

Once you read our web-based review about Andreas Schnaas and Timo Roses film "Unrated: The Movie". Please tell us your experience about that movie.

M:
"Unrated: The Movie" was a fun project really. Cool group of people having fun with a goofy splatter movie. It was cool. A couple of my friends worked on it too, which made it even more fun to make that flick... and oh God ... I am a total archanophobe and Timo wrote a scene with a real Tarantula into the movie .. I kind of overcame my fear of spiders when filming this, which is a great thing I guess.


GJ:
Once I asked you which movie you're most proud of to be in, and you said THE SUPER. In which way do you think that movie was the best? Was it about your performance in the film or what?

M:
I am actually proud of every movie I was in. Otherwise I would not have accepted the movies I made. But yes, I still think that THE SUPER is a brilliant movie. It's not about my performances or anything like that. It's always about the movies for me. Movies are always a team effort and in some movies that team effort is so great that a movie comes out fantastic.

Manoush in the studio in NY.
Recording "Haute Couture Martyr"
GJ: You're not only an actress, you're also a musician and has collaborated with various rock and cyberpunk projects in the 90s. How do you stand to music today? Earlier I listened to some songs from your soundcloud. What would you call that genre? Is there still some cyberpunk in it?

M: 
From 2009 I started doing dancefloor music, but I never had enough time to really concentrate on it. This year I will try to do that. I have two fabulous friends and producers to work with, Man Parrish and Jova Nne, so we should be able to put some new stuff out soon. In mid May I released my first new song in four years "Haute Couture Martyr" produced by Jova Nne. We tried 80's dancefloor style with this one.


Photo from upcoming SEED 2
by Sascha Goldbach

GJ: What does your future look like? What is your next project in film and music?

M: I just finished my parts in several movies, including TOXICOPHOPBIA by Scott W.Perry, directed by Thomas Norman, and in "SEED 2 - the new breed" which is the sequel to Uwe Boll's 2007 movie "SEED", directed by Marcel Walz. It's got a great cast: Caroline Williams, Nick Principe, Sarah Hayden, Natalie Scheetz, Jared Luciano etc... There will be at least two more movies this year for me, but I can't talk about those yet.

GJ:
I know that "La Petite Mort" comes with a sequel, Is this a project you are involved in again?

M:
Yes, "La Petite Mort" will have a sequel and there is one of my favorite directors on board who wants to do this sequel. You will all be surprised once you find out who will direct it...

GJ:
Do you have something more to say to our readers?

M:
Yeah! sending love to everyone, I wouldn't be where I am now career wise, if it wasn't all of you who supported me and loved my movies. Thank you so much for that xoxoxo

GJ:
We wish you good luck with your progress and we look forward to more films in the future. You should have a big thanks for sacrificing some of your time with us at Horrophobic Fanzine.

M:
Thank you sweetie, it's a pleasure. And again, thank you for having me!!!


Share: